Friday, September 5, 2008

I am now the Mommy of a TODDLER!!



Alex turned 1 year old yesterday. Where has this year gone? Honestly, I have no idea. I guess I really know the meaning of the phrase "time flies" now. I swear it seems like just yesterday that he was a little newborn who just ate and slept and pooped. Now he is talking (quite a few different words) and running (yes running!) around everywhere! He has gone from this







to this




in what seems like only a few months time.

I cannot believe how fast his 1st year has gone by. I have mixed emotions. I am happy and so proud of how smart he is and how much he learns every day. But at the same time I am sad because I wish I could go back and re-live all of those "baby" days. I don't have a baby anymore..hes now a toddler. He is still and will always be my sweet little boy though. He still finds time to give Mommy a hug and kiss every day which always lights up my day. Wow I just still can't believe it has been 1 year since he was born. I just don't know what else to say except that time goes by WAY TOO FAST!!

1 comment:

MiMi said...

That HAS been a very fast year and Alex has turned into a little man almost overnight! I know what you mean about having mixed emotions about him growing up so quickly. Time really goes by so fast, doesn't it?
I wish that you still lived in NC where we could help spoil that little guy!