Friday, October 24, 2008

I have to watch what I say from now on

Alex is becoming so independent. He is turning into a little person. Now I know he has always been a little person, but with him now walking/running, understanding the things we say and talking, he seems more like a little person now. Alex's first word was "dada" and has now progressed to "Daddy". His second word was "mama" but he has yet to say "Mommy". His favorite word is "doggy"..it comes out more like "dah-gi", but we know he is saying doggy because he says it and points to the dogs. He loves dogs. I definitely think he is going to be an animal lover just like his Mommy! He loves watching the birds fly around outside with Grandpa and when we took him to Sea World last month he couldn't keep his eyes off all of the animals there.

Now the reason I titled this blog "I have to watch what I say from now on" is because he has also entered into a mimicking phase. Anything we say or do he tries to say or copy. For instance, yesterday I yelled "No!" at the dogs and Alex proceeded to chase the dogs yelling "no!". Also he learned from his Daddy how to wave his hand in front of his nose saying "stinky" when he has pooped. Could this be a step towards potty training?? :o) Some of his other favorite words or sayings include: "stop it", "moo" for what a cow says, "shhh" for when he is telling the dogs not to bark, "that"-comes out more like "dat".

My little boy is growing so quickly. I am trying to cherish all of these times when he is little because I have learned how fast time flies. Before I know it, he will be talking all the time and potty trained and going to preschool. Gosh I feel old!

3 comments:

MiMi said...

Oh, yes you better start watching what you say! Just when you think they weren't listening --that's when they will come out with something! (-:

He is growing so fast! Enjoy!

My life said...

I wish my husband would take a cue from you and learn to watch what he says! Aurora is also doing the whole mimicking thing..but only to things that i say.. not really anybody else..luckily the things i say are not all that bad..but her daddy has a potty mouth when he plays video games..and her grandpa says things that are inappropriate to say in front of her at her age.. And i keep telling them to watch what they say..and they always say "She doesnt know" She may not now but at some point she will and its better if they start censoring themselves now! UGh..men..

fancypantstutus said...

Boy is that ever true! You do have to watch what they say! Here's my recent example. You know Blake is entering the well pre teen years and I think I've raised my voice more than ever and fast forward to the other day. I'm loading the dishwasher, Emma's playing with her dolls and I hear her tell one of them, you better watch your attitude young man or you can go to your room and think about it! Wonder where she heard that! LOL! Their brains are sponges and they pick up on EVERYTHING!!! That's great you have him in Gymboree! Take care, miss you!