Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Feeling Crafty

I have been doing a lot of sewing lately. I've sewed before in the past, but I'm by no means an expert and I still make plenty of mistakes. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and have done quite a bit of sewing since.

We switched Alex over to cloth diapers about 2 months ago. In the long run it saves us money and it is better for the environment than disposable diapers that take forever to decompose. Another plus is that we can use the diapers on our next baby as well. I bought a couple of different cloth diaper patterns and made 5 cloth diapers. The rest of our stash we bought, but I was quite proud of the ones I made :) Here is a picture of one of them.



I just love that fabric. It's called Ooga Booga and it is so cute! I made him some pajamas out of the same fabric to match his diaper.


I bought the blue t-shirt and then I added the long sleeves and the little "ooga booga monster" on the shirt. It is hard to see from the picture but I did add some arms and legs to the little monster on the shirt. There are also matching pants. Alex loved them when I put them on. He loves the fabric and just kept pointing at them and saying "Oooo". :)

I'll be making another trip to the fabric store in a little bit to pick out something to make Alex another set of pajamas. I never thought I would enjoy sewing as much as I do. It makes me feel very accomplished :o)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow Sarah! I'm impressed! I would love to know how to sew - don't you just love it when you get that "crafty" feeling? I do!

MiMi said...

You SHOULD feel very accomplished! You did a great job and I love that it is so much better for our environment, too!

Love the Ooga Booga fabric!

Have a great weekend!