Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Year is A Long Time

Scott should be leaving anytime now. We still don't know an exact date and that is very frustrating. We would like to at least know how many days we have until he leaves, but we don't so we are just spending every second we can as a family. I still don't think it will completely sink in until he is gone...a year is a LONG time to be gone, but he is doing it for us, for our family, to better our future. All of the sacrifices will be worth it in the long run.

As for everything else, it is all going pretty well. Except for the face that Alex is sick. He has had a very loose cough for a few days now. Poor little guy just doesn't feel well at all. I hate seeing him not feeling well. He is sleeping worse than normal...which for anyone who knows how poorly he sleeps in the first place, can imagine how little sleep we are all getting right now. As soon as he feels all better, I am going to stick with a plan to get him to sleep better and sleep in his own bed. We have always let him go back to the old habit of sleeping with us and I know it is only going to make things harder, but I know I have to do it.

We took him to get some professional pictures done for his 18 month milestone. He is normally such a ham when it comes to the camera at home, but the photographer couldn't seem to get the best smiles from him. However, the pictures still came out great!










His new favorite thing to do is color. I got him some Tadoodle crayons and a coloring book and he loves to draw pictures for Mommy & Daddy! I have a feeling he is going to be very creative and love arts and crafts. I plan on starting a new project every week with him once he is feeling all better. Right now he doesn't want to do much, except lay around. He is also really big into reading. He has about 30 books and we read each one about 3-4 times a day (at least!). I am so glad that he loves reading so much. He is so smart. And boy does he have a personality! What a ham he is! He knows how to get a reaction out of people so he is constantly "performing" for us. I can't wait to hear the things that will come out of his mouth once he is really "talking". He is such a crack up!

I know my blog is always about Alexander, so I think my next post, I will try to post about something else. Maybe. :) After all he is the most important thing in my life!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, you keep on posting about Alex. He is so cute! The pictures are good too!

MiMi said...

OMG, Sarah! He is adorable! He has just "blossomed" into a little man, hasn't he? I don't know which one is my favorite --they are all so good.

BTW...I never get tired of hearing about Alex!