Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It hurts...Boy does it hurt

Scott left this morning for his deployment overseas. He will be gone a year. A WHOLE year. I really thought I was going to be strong enough to do this, but I don't know if I am. I know I've done this before, but that was 4 years ago when we didn't have a child. Watching Scott say goodbye to Alex this morning was absolutely the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen. I held it together as best as I could for both Scott & Alex. I have to be strong for Alex and for Scott. He is making such a sacrifice for us and I couldn't have asked for a better Husband or Father of my child. I know that when he comes home, this whole year of sacrifices will be worth it, but my heart hurts right now. I can't even explain it. I just want to go lay in bed and watch tv and sleep for a year. I want the year to fly by. But then again I don't because Alex will learn so much in that time. Then I remember I have a son who needs me and needs me to be strong for him, so I will be. I won't let him see me upset.

If you could, please say a Prayer and ask for Him to keep Scott safe and protect him and to pray for his strength as well. And if you could Pray for my strength as well. Thank you.

3 comments:

MiMi said...

Oh Sarah, I will definitely add you, Scott and Alex to my prayer list. I know it must have been so difficult to say goodbye. I will be praying that God will heal the hurt that both of you are experiencing in your hearts right now.

Asking God to surround Scott with a hedge of protection and also continued strength for both of you.

I love you, sweet friend,
Emilie

Stacy said...

Sarah - I do not even know what to say! I cannot imagine how tough this is for you. I will be praying for all three of you. Maybe this year will fly by like all the others! I will be thinking about you - keep us posted!

Blogging to Lose said...

Awww! I so cried reading this. You and Scott haven't something very special and I can't wait until you are both reaping the rewards to all your sacrafices. Alex is lucky to have you both as his parents! You and Scott will be in my thoughts and prayers