Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Updates

So it has been one week today since Scott left. We are adjusting well. Of course we miss him dearly and we think about him constantly. He is doing well and adjusting well himself. Alex asks for Scott some, but I still don't think he quite understands-which is probably a good thing. Lana still looks for her Daddy and doesn't want to go to bed with me at night. She would rather sit and watch the front door for Daddy :( She seems to get a little better each day so hopefully soon she will be okay.

My arm is still not better. It was doing better up until a few days ago when I woke up to find that I could not extend it past a 90 degree angle and I suddenly had bruises popping up all over my lower arm in the most random spots! I can bring my lower arm up to my shoulder and move it in every way except for extending it out straight. So I went to my primary care doctor yesterday and after looking at it she said that maybe a superficial clot had formed later on after the trauma to the vein. These superficial clots can cause infections and that could be why Im having so much pain and cannot move my arm. So she sent me for a blood draw and put a STAT order on it so they would get the results back within 4 hours. She called me 2 1/2 hours after I left her office and said that the levels did come back high and that they had scheduled me for an ultrasound at the hospital at 9am this morning. The ultrasound tech said she didn't see any clots, but the radiologist and my doctor would have to review them and that my doctor would call me. I am giving them until 2 and if I don't hear anything I'm going to call back. So thats where we are right now.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my Sarah! I hope your arm gets better - when it rains it pours! I am leaving tonight for my 1st vacation in 6 1/2 yrs without my children and would you beleive Carleigh has a double ear infection and Christian has bronchitis!! They have not been sick all year but they are now! Hang in there!!

MiMi said...

I hope that your arm is feeling much better. So thankful that the ultrasound tech did not see any blood clots, but did you ever get a call from your doctor or radiologist to confirm that?

I am glad that you, Scott and Alex (and Lana) are doing OK and starting to adjust.

I think of you often and wish I lived closer so that I could give you a big ole' hug!!