Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My "Little" Baby

He isn't so little anymore. :( He is growing up way too fast! Last week I was on the computer after I had put him to bed and I heard a LOUD thud and him screaming over the monitor. I ran into the room to find him not in his crib, but on the floor! My heart nearly jumped out of my throat. Luckily he was okay and did not get hurt. He somehow climbed out of his crib (on the lowest setting already) and when he got to the top he fell out. Since Scott is gone, my sweet Daddy offered to transition his crib to a toddler bed. We got him a convertible crib so it goes from crib to toddler bed to full size bed. I was not ready for this transition and I thought I would be up all night trying to get him to stay in the bed, but *knock on wood* he has been doing great!

He has been talking up a storm too. I feel so bad, it seems like the week after Scott left, Alex started saying new word after new word. His latest is "empty". It comes out in two syllables more like em-teeeeeeeeeeee! :)

Scott is doing well. About a week and a half ago they switched him to night shift and as of today they switched him back to day shift. Poor guy he finally got his sleep schedule on track and now he is all messed up again. He said the days seem to be going by fast for him though which is good. He just tries to stay busy when he isnt working. He usually sleeps or watches movies.

That is about all that is going on in our world right now.

2 comments:

MiMi said...

Can't believe that boy is already big enough to be out of his crib! That just doesn't seem possible! Glad that he's doing good in his "big boy bed".

Sorry to hear that Scott got his schedule changed again. I know that must be hard to get your body acclimated to.

Ya'll are in my prayers!

Blogging to Lose said...

:-( I can't believe Alex is in a big boy bed already! It seems like just yesterday that we were dying to hold them in our arms and see what they look like. Now they're walking and talking and almost 2!!!!

I'm glad the days are going fast for you two. I can't believe it's been almost 2 months now?